View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Edmonds View Post
I didn't see in this discussion where the car is located so I can't recommend a specific shop.
The car is currently located in Rosenberg, TX, which is about 25 miles southwest of Houston on US59. The differential is a Ford 9" and since I already have a recently rebuilt 3.73 geared Ford Tractionloc pumpkin, I am not interested in switching to the 8.8". Hope this helps!

BTW, all... my daughter lives in Austin, TX and so a shop located near the Austin-D/FW corridor would certainly be acceptable. IIRC Keith Craft had a shop north of D/FW, but I think I remember hearing he is now located elsewhere.

The Moser information is encouraging... their prices seem reasonable, too. I will contact them to inquire about sending my housing to them after the pumpkin is removed to have them match the dimensions, remove all the existing brackets and attach them to the new housing, and install new axle(s) as needed.

I have emailed Radical Roadsters in the past about a different issue and they did not respond. Since they are so close to the current location of the car, they would be my first choice if they are interested...but since they did not respond when I tried to contact them previously I just figured they were not interested, too busy, or otherwise engaged. I will try again...but I need somebody on whom I can rely and not answering an inquiry does not foster much confidence.

I welcome all suggestions...thanks to all so far and please let me know if you have additional suggestions!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!