View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkooiman View Post
I know Houston fairly well, and I still know several people there. But if my car were hurt like yours, I'd still tow it home to have it fixed.
My issue with bringing it to KS is that I reside in a very remote area...the nearest WalMart is 90 miles away...McDonalds is closer, only 35 miles. The nearest cities in which I would expect there to be a shop competent to complete this work are all in excess of 200 miles away...Amarillo is 230 miles south, Wichita is about at least 300 miles to the east, and Denver is about 330 miles to the west. We are use to driving long distances out here just to get basic necessities...so we either do without or make sure we stock up. It is a very different lifestyle from the urban convenience I "endured" for 35 years near Houston.

I am leaning toward shipping the entire housing assembly to Moser and letting them assemble a replacement using their products. They do have a stellar reputation, so there would be no need to "supervise", so to speak. If I do that there is no reason to leave the car in TX...but if there is an option in the Houston area it would be a distinct possibility simply because I own a home there and I could keep an eye on the progress.

Either way...it is going to be a long row to hoe!!!

Thanks to all who have offered helpful suggestions...please continue to make recommendations for competent shops in the Houston area as well as in the Austin to DFW corridor.

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!