View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Doug,

I'm a teacher also (college professor), so no sermons or lectures from me. I get what you're doing here, and I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

First: To get the rear end right,
In Houston, call Glen at Rosehillperformanceparts 713-742-3673
Rosehillperformanceparts
He's in Tomball and does A LOT of work for the Houston Cobra guys. Excellent welder, fabricator. Very very competent. He's built all of my racing T-5s. Recently-retired and has the ability to get the Cobra to his shop for repairs.

The frame: In Dallas, call my street rod restoration guy, Andy Krause, in Garland.
972-597-5436
At $50-$60 an hour, he's not cheap, but he is the best. High-end custom car builder. Builds lots of spectacular SEMA cars. Has a heart for teachers in the car hobby. He's done my '67 Shelby, my '50 Chevy half-ton, painted my mini-me Cobra 427 go cart, and soon to start my '70 Boss 302.

Since specialties like this create a semi-"closed" network of referrals only, tell either guy that Paul May referred you to them with the highest praise.

I'm in Dallas. I have three perfect Ford 9" housings/axles of varying widths, a new Lone Star 4-link on a Versailles Ford 9", and an 8.8" with new Explorer 3.73 posi. You're welcome to look. Or I can deliver to Houston.

Keep posting the progress of your repairs. Even if shops say, "Um like, no, thank you...", we can still use our other contacts to help you get back on the road. And I hope others will chime in with HELPFUL assistance.

Best,
Paul