View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you for your input. I've decided to use the LS engine for my car. Yesterday I used wood, foam, cardboard and duct tape to make the rough shape for the hood bulge. It's different than the XKE but I think that it matches the shape of the car.

I glassed the hood bulge last night. All of the support stuff will be removed from the underside and it will get glassed from the bottom. Now I get to have lots of fun and use body filler to smooth the radii.

Now that the hood bulge is done I can see that the hood vents aren't equal distance from the center line. And, I found that the license plate holder isn't centered either. I'll be cutting them out and re-position them.

Once I'm done getting the body to my satisfaction I'm going to make molds and pull a clean body for my car. My son and a friend want to build one too.

This car is low and small. Here's how it compares to a Cobra

Cobra- Wheel base 90 inches, height 48 inches, width 68 inches, length 158 inches, weight about 2300-2500 ( I'm guessing that most fall into this range)

My car - wheel base 93 inches, height 41 inches to the top of the windshield, 43 to the top of the roll bar, length 148 inches, width 73 at the rear wheels, goal weight 1900lbs.

Today is shop clean up and dump day!!