View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3012
Not Ranked     
Default Building ERA Slabside #3012

Hi all! I’ve been meaning to start my build log of ERA #3012 since I ordered it back in 6/2015, but now that it is waiting for Walt’s crew at Connecticut Custom to pick her up I figured I’d better get off my butt and post what I’ve been up to.

I’ve always been drawn to the 289 more than 427 so for years I had been planning to build an ERA FIA, but when they came out with their street car, it just spoke to me. After getting buyoff from the director of accounting (don’t tell her I called her that ), I placed my deposit with Peter.

The inspiration for my build is CSX2242 which I found on Colin’s website

While I have been waiting for the car, I have been collecting various street car specific parts, rebuilding the Jag rear end (that was quite the learning experience), and a few weeks ago we started the engine build. I’ll do separate posts for both the engine and rear end with pics.

ERA options: Yes. I don’t believe there is much I didn’t have them include besides the rear end. We want to build as much of the car as possible so it will not be a roller, but ERA will be doing the bonding.

Here are a few of the pictures that ERA sent me while they were building the car. They are in the order that I received them.

First "birth" picture

Back from the powder-coaters

Making good progress now

And here she is waiting for the painters to pickup

Dash turned out great I think

I’ve been out to ERA twice since I placed my order – once as my wife had business in NYC so I tagged along and took a day trip up, and the other time was the Christmas party in December. Peter and the crew have been an absolute joy to work with. Great people that put out a great product!

Look for more here shortly...

Last edited by AndrewB; 01-03-2019 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Removing the verboten term slabside. Sorry guys...