View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Case View Post
Related comments. If somebody commercially does the sheave and fans that leaves only the COBRA lettered fan belt unavailable alternator wise.

Alternator mounts and adjustment arms are sold commercially by a forum member.

AMK Products® has the special length Ford specification bolt and thick hardened flat washer used for the adjustment slide.

COBRA lettered fan belts for CSX2201 and later cars have been made by several restorations shops for cars they have done but I don’t think any of them sell them commercially. To have complete coverage they would have to have stamps to do several different manufacturing dates.

We've looked at doing the belt lettering and will probably pursue that when needed. The process we would do is to silk screen the belts.

Something I've seen from time to time on original and replica Cobras using the DST alt pulley is the wrong width belt. Correct if I'm wrong Dan but the original belt is .390" wide I believe. It fits in the pulley nicely as well as the correct vintage water pump and crankshaft pulley. A wider belt rides higher in the pulley and runs the risk of coming out. Just something to keep in mind.
Larry