View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #751- 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
I do not recall seeing a dipstick mounted like that. I would ask the prior owner about it, but if he was saying that oil fills could be anywhere from 8-12 quarts, I am not sure that he knows much. How much oil do you think that you removed?

If it is not too difficult, I would consider removing the pan to take a look and see what you have there. While you are down there, you might want to take a look at the oil cooler lines to make sure they are routed correctly. the oil should go from the block to the filter, then to the oil cooler and back to the block.

How many miles on the car and how many have you put on it since purchasing it? There are a lot of knowledgable cobra people in AZ that should be able to visit and take a look at things for you.
Yup I'll throw a link to this thread in the AZ Cobras section for sure. Unfortunately when I drained the oil I put it into a 5 gal drain oil can that also had oil in it from my GT500 change I did last weekend. Lines all seem to be routed right. Looks like they avoided putting the dipstick in the passenger side location because of access (alternator etc is above it).
Superformance Cobra #751- guardsman blue- 427 FE
2011 GT500- black/black- 700hp