View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA 351W, B & B 427 Cobra, 331 Stroker,
Not Ranked     
Default Era fia fast efi 8 stack project...

I put together a show and tell about my recent 8 stack EFI project. With photos, per Geoff's request! I’ll post in different installments so it doesn’t become one long rambling mess. When I started this project my knowledge about EFI was practically zero and I consider myself a novice mechanic. Unfortunately, I deleted some of the photos I took along the way but you’ll get the gist. I’m happy to answer any questions that might help anyone interested in this type of EFI modification.

THE BASICS,,,
I wanted to replace my Holley 650 double pumper with either a Weber system or 8 stack EFI. The system I chose was the FAST EZ EFI 2.0 system coupled with the Speedmaster 8 stack injection intake, first generation. It all started when I won an Ebay auction for the new manifold and throttle bodies for $650. And even though I had heard about some issues with these units, and there WERE issues, I couldn't pass up the price. I figured with coupling the intake to the well-reviewed Fast EFI, that I could mitigate a lot of problems and if things worked well I could pop for a more expensive intake in the future. Speed Master is marketing a newer intake for about $2000 that looks pretty cool and I think they have taken care of some of the fitment issues I ran into. Unfortunately, it only comes in a funny polished version…too much bling for me. The plan was to use all FAST components except for the intake. That included the EFI, Dual Sync Distributor, Ignition box, coil and in-line fuel system kit. After receiving all the components I stared fitting things together.

Name:  IMG_9912.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8936.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  93.4 KB