View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA 351W, B & B 427 Cobra, 331 Stroker,
Not Ranked     

THE DISTRIBUTOR…
The distributor became my biggest hurdle. After bench assembly of the intake and modifying everything for the fuel rails to run thru the center, when I put it on the motor I realized part of the distributor cap had to run underneath the fuel rails. The FAST Dual Sync Distro is a tall MF and I couldn’t use it if I wanted to keep the rails in the center. I had to find a distributor that had a stock profile and would also work with the FAST EFI. There are 3 alternatives to the type of HEI distributors you can use with the FAST system if you want to have the EFI control your timing curve and for it to be easily adjusted by using the hand held interface. 1) Dual Sync 2) Locked distributor with crank trigger or 3) Locked 2 wire distributor with a phasable rotor. After much internet searching I finally found a 2 wire MSD small cap distributor(black…sexy!) with the same height and size of the cast stock distributor, great! Not so great…the body of the distributor hit the manifold a good 1/2” before it seated in the block. Some more careful “clearancing” (read, grinding)and I was able to get the distributor home. The MSD distributor was easily lockable and the phasable rotor was easy to get.

Name:  IMG_9853 (1).jpg
Views: 912
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  IMG_9952.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  90.0 KB