View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#375, FE 428, 1966 block, built by Jim Coleman Racing Engines, Stratford, CT
Not Ranked     

One other thing I changed which I did forget to mention.

The fuel line rubber hoses... not the firm line which looked perfect but rather the black rubber line from the tank to the inline filter and the rubber from the firm line to the fuel pump. I changed those out with new at about 25 years. They were still actually pretty good but I did have some new line hanging around so that was an easy swap after all these years.

You may also want to check the rubber brake lines from the main reservoir to the masters. I did have some cracks in those lines which were beginning to weep. On my car #375 these lines come down into the inside of the foot box and down into the under car box which holds the masters... I am not sure if this is the same for the newer cars.... but I would check them to insure they are good to go.
I did get the replacement line from Pegasus Racing after a long search. Perhaps ERA (Bob Putnam) can point you to a source of supply as well for the break line.

Last edited by 66AC; 04-27-2017 at 09:22 AM..