View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Forget both of the above and give Tim at Famous Insurance a call. Great to deal with.

I was with Shannons. I switched to Famous and my insured value on the Cobra went from $80K (grossly undervalued) to $150K (about what it would cost to replace), allowable mileage per year went from extreme limited use to unlimited use and to add icing to the cake, the premium went from $900ish per year down to $730 per year. Pay by the month is only $11 per year extra.

I have salvage rights on the car too, and a hire car if I want it. Windscreen coverage as well I believe.

Famous also offer track day coverage too. $100 will get you $5K of coverage.

I have also dealt with Famous as a repairer and they were fantastic to deal with. I have three vehicles insured with them now. All the premiums are cheaper than the incumbent insurers too.

Cannot praise them enough.

FWIW Mike, if the above isn't convincing enough for you and you are still leaning toward Lumleys, I can assure you they are great too. I just finished a Lumley's repair on Friday and the assessor has been great to deal with. I would go with them if I wasn't with Famous.

Last edited by Paintwerks; 04-29-2017 at 02:06 AM..