View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default And so it begins...

Had very long weekend, drove 12 hours to NC on Thursday and finally saw the car in person and talked to Dennis Olthoff. We loaded the car and the engine on the trailer Friday morning and then I drove 11 1/2 hours back home. Had to run to a wedding in MA for the weekend. so today the transition from street FIA to vintage race FIA began.

First things that went were the wind wings and visors. Do not need those on the track.

Next the seats came out. You have to remove the heat shields from underneath the car and then there are four nuts to remove. the driver's side came out a little easier than the passenger side because I did not have to work around the forward brace.

Then it was time to remove the transmission tunnel to gain access for the transmission install. A couple of dozen screws and that came out with a little wiggling.

Next the rear panel came out so that i could have access to the frame and roll cage modifications. A little bit of work after removing the screws, but not too bad.

Then lastly, started removing the Wilwood brakes to get ready to mount the Girlings.

That's all for today. Will fill you in as the tear down and rebuild continues. More to come.

Jim