View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 347" Stroker
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply everyone.

I was able to jack the front up today trying to find a way to adjust out a fair amount of front wheel play in the passenger side front wheel. It rocks side to side quite a bit and couldn't figure out how to adjust it to get rid of the play. The car does have power steering if that make a difference.

I did look under the front area of the car to see where it was hitting and did see that the oil pan had quite a bit of deep grooving and was bent in the center of the pan where the drain screw is. I didn't have a chance to check the rear to see if it was hitting back there or on the cross member.

Besides the front wheel play, I also noticed that the coil over spring adjustments on the front were very different. On the passenger side, the adjustment rings were all the way down at the bottom of the threads while the other side was screwed up a good two inches above the bottom of the threads. I have no idea why. Plus, I don't have the wrenches to adjust the ring nuts either.

I'll have to jack up the rear and see what the situation is back there. I'll also try to take the pictures you've asked for but I don't know how to post them on the forum. Please tell me how to do that.

These problems are going to keep me up all night thinking about what needs to be done.

Thanks again for your input.