View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bender.... dont have that kind of space with the wheel well liners too close to the cheek plates on the radiator.

Was considering using the bonnet bulge to create a duct to the airbox, either by cutting an opening in the front of or along the sides of the bulge or using the HP zone along the trailing edge of the bonnet lip... again.. unsure re rain / water ingress and whether it would be an issue... the Phase III Falcons (and others) have the shaker which bolts to the air filter... no drains or outlets.... so you'd expect it would work.

If I was to use the front of the bonnet budge it would be taking in the exhaust air from the radiator... so not the coolest, although you'd expect it would mix relatively quickly as it discharges..??

Build update...

Just delivered the car to the electrician for final fit off and termination, tidy up and full check, next is the tuners for a cam and sump swap (C6 Corvette sump on an LS3 to get that additional clearance) then to the tuners and Liverpool Exhaust for a couple of tweaks to the pipes, fit the heat shields and ceramic coat from the headers down.

After that............... finalise doors (have been fitted with inner and outer locks plus regs).. just need to get the template right and cut the glass then make some sort of internal trim before fitting the rear hatch and front screen.

Am intending to do a few shakedown runs at Wakefield Park with the crew at Gears then see how it goes for final trim and paint.

Still dont have my seats sorted.. had my heart set on a bucket type, but none with ADR compliance will fit, anyone out there at present with a set of compliant Pace buckets...?

Cheers

Chris

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade

Last edited by SydneyChris; 05-07-2017 at 08:19 PM..