View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #535 Kirkham 427, 427 Side Oiler
Not Ranked     

Blykins,

I hear what you say about a certain % of products are expected to have some kind of defect, but I have a 2x 600CFM carbs and both exhibit the same porosity problem which I showed in the video link. This can only come about through a bad batch of castings and depending on QFT's manufacturing batch size at that time, quite a lot of people could be experiencing similar issues to me. This is why I thought I should bring it to everyone's attention. A carb which doesn't control fuel properly could cause engine damage or cause a fire - as Jeff pointed out.

Anyway, thank you very much for your offer to contact QFT for replacement parts. That is very kind of you. However, my engine builder also had a QFT contact but after 6 months of trying, eventually led to nothing. So yesterday I ordered 2 completely new carbs in the hope that the quality of the castings has improved. I wish I'd waited a little longer to see more replies to this thread......I would have taken you up on your offer before spending a further $950 on carbs from Summit Racing. Yes a bad experience for me.