View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
Kev, why don't you try asking all these 385 series engine questions on the "new" LSC site. You'll stand a much better chance of getting the answers you're searching for.
I did not know they have a new site !
What's the link ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Not exactly what you're looking for, but here's a start: http://mustangsandmore.com/ubb/EngineDimensions.html

It's not clear which intake manifolds were used for these measurements, and that's a big factor when considering overall height. I've got an Email Performer 460 on mine and hood clearance is minimal. A Weiand Stealth or Edelbrock Performer RPM would require a taller hood scoop - most likely the Shell Valley taller version (3.5" IIRC).
I'll check it out.

With my first 428FE build, I had the Edelbrock RPM, when I rebuilt the motor I changed to the Edelbrock Air Gap and I had to mill off 3/8" off the carb surface so the hood would close. On the dyno, it did not change the fuel curve, jetting or TQ/HP.

I don't mind making new motor mounts to lower the engine, but I don't want a clearance issue with the oil pan or flywheel/cover, I'm already a lot lower than the original LSC height.
THANKFULLY,.......lol