Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
Curtis at Trigo also measured a wheel again. He found a flaw in his calculations. He now said the hub is about 3 5/16 to 3 3/8 thick. This would give another turn of threads or so. This would give me about 5 to 5 1/2 threads of engagement.

The newer wheel produced by trigo now have a thicker hub than original wheels so depending on the length of your drive hub you may or may not have enough thread engagement.

How many spinner thread do they need to be on to be considered safe?

Mark
I have run spacers from time to time on both 15" and 16" wheels, I hate to admit it but a couple of times the spinner had only about 1/2 the threads engaged and it worked (wheel did not come off).

I had two major set backs yesterday, found a crack in my expansion tank assembly where it goes into the intake manifold and the crank fire sensor hits the alternator/water pump belt. I moved that sensor rearward about 6 years ago but the FAST tuner guy did not like it being offset rearward so he moved it back forward when they dynoed the engine. I got to move it back while in the car not fun. I asked them why they did not notice that it lined up with the crank pulley path (no answer). Today I hope to add power steering fluid, water and water wetter assuming I can get the tank fixed and begin the wiring process. Should be running by Sunday unless I hit other problem areas.