View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default A little more progress

Well, stupid me, I thought that the couple of things that were supposed to be done by Friday would have been completed, without recalling that this Friday was the start of a holiday weekend. so, the bracket and the brake lines from Classic Tubes will not be ready until Tuesday.

Still, I managed to get a few things accomplished. We noticed that with the 275's in the rear that the inside tire walls were rubbing slightly on the pop rivets, so I ground the rivets down with still leaving enough to keep the panel stable. That should remedy that.

I also finished drilling out and tapping some holes in the lower section of the rear suspension as we had to relocate the heads of some bolts and shorten them to allow for clearance for the rear rotors. I did manage to break on of Rick's taps on Wednesday, but bought a new one and went a little slower this time and completed the other three holes and placed the bolts.

Lastly, here is a picture of the cutout that we had to do in the trunk for the differential due to those cooling fins. A flat plate would have fit, but not this one. we will be fabricating a cover for this. Given that it is a race car, having this opening is actually beneficial, as it allows for easier access to fill the differential and place a breather hose and catch can.

Have a nice holiday weekend.

Jim