Old 05-27-2017, 04:03 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Blas,

Talked to Rick and Ross before hand, and they will be fine. These straps are for rolling tows, not for being jacked up by a tow truck. I have used them with a winch to get the car on the trailer with no problem. You are right in that if we were trying to jack the car up with them the fiberglass, like the aluminum on the originals, would suffer.
The "quick-jacks" on the Superformance MK II ("289") are identical to the original cars........and therefor fully functional BUT will still often allow body damage. When Shelby developed the quick-jack system it was for race convenience, not for esthetics and therefore using structural tubes that were designed to hold the bumperettes in a "fore/aft" plane in the "up/down" plane was marginal at best. The original FIA/USRRC car bodies were often damaged by use of the jacks, but hey, it's a race car and we will pound it back for the next event. The same physics apply now.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/