View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics LS427. Self-built 408W, AFR 195 heads, Performer RPM Intake, Quick Fuel 750, 407rwhp, 479rwtq
Not Ranked     

5 # of pressure.
Needle and seat are 110.

Again, the needle and seat looked fine. I took it out, cleaned it with carb cleaner, re-greased the o-ring and put it right back. I didn't get the fuel bowl off yet - hopefully tomorrow.

Most of my quick review of the inter-webs state that a stuck needle/seat would cause fuel to come up out of the vent tube. Mine was obviously dripping from the Venturi booster. Any thoughts - does it matter?

I haven't done anything to the fuel lines in months. I have a 100 micron pre-pump filter, in-tank electric pump, and a 40 micron post-pump filter. A small amount of rubber hose going to the pressure regulator, then about 12 inches of rubber hose from the regulator to the carb inlet. Perhaps some of the rubber fuel line is degrading. I've been on Harris Hill Raceway for a full day and put on about 500 miles since I last did anything to the fuel line. I always use Lucas brand Ethanol fuel stabilizer.

I know they aren't great, but I may temporarily add one of those clear fuel filters between the pressure regulator and the carb for a while to see if it picks up any debris. I can't imagine the Holley HP billet ($$$$) filter is letting that much garbage thru to clog the needle and seat.

... I did have to clean the metering blocks in the parking lot with carb cleaner and compressed air... but that was late March. When I got back home I took the bowls off and cleaned the metering blocks extensively with cleaner and compressed air after removing all the IFRs, emulsion jets, Air Bleeds, etc. But I didn't do anything to the float, needle/seat, or bowl then.