View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I arrived at today's Cars n Coffee at 6.35.
The entire street, the footpaths, the parking lots in front of those businesses that permitted parking for this event --- all were totally chockers! I drove through a few of the car parks -- no chance of finding a spot. I saw Greg's D-Type parked on a footpath and all sorts of other top notch cars seemingly abandoned in unlikely spots. Hard to guess at the numbers but there were hundreds of cars in attendance, and I didn't see one "ordinary" one.
I drove back across Deshon St and parked in front of Rebel Gun Works and walked back. I spoke to a mate I saw there who'd arrived at 6.10 and had managed to find a spot away down the end of the allotted area. The only group I saw parked together were about twenty Mustangs but whether they'd barricaded their area off or they'd arrived at probably 4 am I don't know.
The event is certainly worth a look for all the terrific cars that turn up, but I'd say forget turning up as a club or group and expecting to park together unless you were prepared to arrange some pretty heavy logistical support first.