View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Nice

Craig, nice thread!

Here's my 2 cents worth post shed build 2 1/2 years ago 15 x 12. When I was building it I actually mid way through pad level reduced it in size x 23 sqm as it just looked too big and in essence for its position it was. Built it slightly smaller and all fitted great and everything worked. Then I thought it looked a bit sparse so I bought another car as you do. All good. Then I changed trailer sizes and found the shed depth not enough so had to move my hoist to make it sorta work. Now I find it works ok but not as good as it could have had I designed it for what I "currently have" rather than what I had! Crystal ball!

My post shed build comments are work out the predominant wind direction and make sure the direction that wind enters has a down wind exit as otherwise the non venting of air creates a pillow affect of hot stale air and its too bloody hot to work in. The second is make sure you have a fire system in place for bush fires. Ive just about got mine sorted. You think it wont happen but it does. Of only 3 mandatory house evacuations in QLD in the last 4 years for bush fires, we, Coolum, 5 minutes from the beach was one of them in February. I simply got the wife and squid, passports and her car and drove out. Left it all behind. Had I had 40000ltres of water, ptrol water pump, fire hose and sprinklers going Id have stayed and fought the bastard!

Oh and lastly, if your at the top of a hill fire travels up 3 x faster than down so factor that into your plan.

Keep the pics comin. Oh and what are you putting in a shed that size. Seems large for da cobra and the prius?