View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

Jake:
I'd like to propose for consideration a small tweak in the route to the border from the Pilot station in Ferndale. Last time it was up I-5 to the truck crossing, then through traffic to Hwy 1.
Instead of getting back on I-5, we would turn left out of the lot onto Main St. Head due east about 3-4 miles and follow the road to 'Guide Meridian' Route 539. Turn left on Guide Meridian and Head north through Lynden to the Lynden/Aldergrove border crossing. Take 13 north to the TransCanada Hwy 1. There's only two signals from the Pilot station to the border.
-Its a shorter run from the US border to Canada Hwy 1 with only two signals, so it will be easier to keep the group bunched together, less traffic and less time to Hwy 1;
- its rural through berry farms from the Pilot station to the border, usually less traffic
- Lynden/Aldergrove has less cars going through it and a lot of parking area to collect the cars
- more scenic than up I-5 to the truck crossing.
- I think it will take less time to get to Hwy 1 and might shorten the overall drive time.
I go this way to BC all the time. Might be worth considering.
Bob