View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Got my plates!!

Sorry for the delay in updating this post.

I had my BAR referee appointment last week on the 6th. All went smoothly...longest wait was for the system that the referee needs to use to input the data. Finally they put the sticker right next to the superformance plate inside the engine compartment. Initially the referee wanted to put it on the frame somewhere...but I convinced him to put it next to the other plate.

After we finished, I asked him what advice could I give future buyers of used out of state cobras/SPCN's. He mentioned the no "turn key" cars...but it still doesn't make sense since a used car is, by definition, turn key. It still seems to make sense that if you can prove that the car was initially put together by a home builder, or assembled by more than one "business", then you should be ok.

The next day I went to the DMV...the person I got was not familiar with the SPCN/SB100 route...so I waited patiently as she brought up a memo on her computer...began to ask me about the CHP inspection...and I said the the previous person (supervisor, who wasn't there unfortunately) at the same DMV said that it wasn't required since it had already been titled in another state..and already had a VIN assigned by superformance and on the previous title.

I gave her the paperwork from the BAR referee...a mistake I made was not making copies of that paperwork first...but I figured I already had the magical sticker on the car.

FINALLY, she said ok, here are your plates!

Now I am waiting on the title...not sure what it will say...the registration does not mention cobra..only "SPCNS"...the white SB100 sticker does say "65 Cobra"

So...from first DMV visit to plates was about 2 months...longest pole(s) in the tent was scheduling and waiting for the BAR referee appointments...luckily it didn't rain either day
Attached Images

Last edited by 51astro456; 06-13-2017 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: typos