View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve meltzer View Post
It's technically tough to catch all of the effluent in the experiment, but I tried hard, 3X. Biggest volume I could capture on 5 pumps was about 6cc...so, about 1.5 cc/ pump. The cam is maroon/brown and in position #1. thanx. s
The maroon/brown cam is a big cam. http://documents.holley.com/pumpcamgraph.pdf I think there's something wrong on the accelerator pump circuit. Shooting from the hip, it's going to be one of these:
1) The linkage is screwed up and the cam lever is not getting pushed down right to actuate the pump;
2) The little orange umbrella seal is leaking, so you're not getting a good squirt in the right direction, or the diaphragm is worn out, or the spring is broken or missing (elves do that);
3) There's a clog in the passageways from the pump to the nozzle;
4) The nozzle area is mucked up preventing a good squirt. You know there are two gaskets and that little plumb bob thingy that go under the nozzle. If you remove the nozzle and take it away to clean it, elves always sneak in your garage and hit the throttle, making the little plumb bob fly out and disappear. Are you absolutely positive it's still in there?