Thread: Fuel System
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

UPDATE: I'm always annoyed when some one asks a questions, gets help, and then never supplies the final answer. So, here's how it ended up.

As you know, the BDR comes with one 3/8 steel line installed from front to rear. And it has the aluminum tank installed, with the big hole in it as pictured above. That hole is specifically designed for the Tank's Inc. pump. To the left of the hole, there's a centroid type fuel level sender. That's important to remember later on.

The fuel pump hanger is designed to have a small collector that sits on the bottom of the tank. You have to adjust the hanger for the proper depth. It's easier if you remove the fuel level sender and use a mirror. The it bolts together with one bolt. Never being satisfied with that one bolt, I welded it all together.

It's a tight fit in there. And there's a small shelf inside the tank that interferes with the collector. So I notched the bottom to make it all fit together. In retrospect, it would have been easier to just shorten it. And then I had to cut a notch in the top for the fuel sender. All in all, it took a lot longer than it should have.

It retrospect, it probably would have been a lot faster and easier to a Holley Hydramat and skip the collector altogether.

Once everything was all in the tank, it needed to be plumbed into the stock 3/8 fuel line. The Coyote engine and Edelbrock supercharger are designed to use a single fuel line. Since I'm not racing this car, I'll use that for simplicity.

I was tempted to use a Corvette fuel filter and pressure regulator. Simple and cheap. But I wasn't sure they would flow enough. I used a Aeromotive part. I also installed a 10 micron fuel filter in an easy to access location.

I connected the regulator to the hard line with a short piece of rubber hose. Not ideal, but sufficient. To be honest, I was tired of messing with this, and ready to move on.

All in all, this took a lot longer than it should have. I was told it would come with an EFI fuel pump installed, and was surprised to see an empty hole.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto