View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR105 View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys, I appreciate it.
I'll probably try to engineer and fabricate something out of aluminum over the winter that will quickly mount and dismount on the bumper/overrider mounts. Guess I'll just take my chances during this driving season and not give the "LEOs" an excuse to stop me. Maybe I'll keep the 2nd plate under my seat and say it just fell off or something, if I'm stopped.
So, I'll pass on your offer Mr. "davids2toys," mainly because I do as much fab work as possible -- it's in my genes and that's one of the reasons I undertook this project. Attempting to duplicate anything accurately is a lost cause on this thing.
BTW, I'm in the West Haven/Milford area. Funny, I remember being in Oxford on Christmas Day a few years ago and seeing a red Cobra with white stripes at a gas station on Rt. 67 -- was it you? Most people would have thought you were nuts -- it was really cold that day -- but I, of course, fully understood!
Yes, that was me for sure. I was doing the annual end of the season fresh fuel top-off for the Winter storage. same gas station every year. I live 4 miles up the road.
Your plate scenario would not have gone over at all with this cop. I did nothing to provoke him at all and he was also very polite. "just doing his job".
I bought this ferom a member right after I got the ticket. Just throwing it out there. It is brand new and I am not using it. It is a very nice piece and I would sell it for 35.00 if anyone is interested. I believe I paid 45.00 for it
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear