View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Brent, I wouldn't bother too much about what's being said here. You've always come across in a straight shooting, no BS manner and you've shared a lot of your expertise and advice for nothing more than the benefit of the community. Your reputation and respect as a CC member and expert builder are - I'm pretty certain - rock solid, and with good reason.

Have you ever pissed people off on Club Cobra? Maybe - but if so it would be because you stated your position honestly and without ill intentions. Sometimes the truth hurts. Life is tough.

Funfer - I don't know what to say... You seem like a really nice, enthusiastic guy, but Brent and others have a point. Your questions have been numerous (which is fine) and repetitive (not so fine). You're right that people don't have to read or respond, but you're hearing from Brent and others who have answered a lot of your questions for a long time, and they're just wondering what has been the point of it all.

No bad people here - just different points of view. I have to say the threads and questions seem repetitive to me, but I haven't invested much time in providing answers so I can observe (or not) and move on.

One thing does bug me though - it's all of the commas and the "...," creative punctuations in your posts. Pain in the arse to read
We used to get along, until this thread. I and many others respect his engine building and knowledge, but again until this thread changed things. Maybe he's had enough then he lost it, lol...don't know ?

Look, I don't mean to tell my life story, but some may explain why I do and say things that I do.

From a fall at two years old, I injured my brain, was in a coma for 9 days and I have a headache to migrain amount of pain and these damn zaps in my head 24/7. The amount of pain changes hundredes of times per day, up & down on my scale from 1-10. The zaps are terrible. School, learning, concentration & paying attention to anything was and is very hard, at times impossible. I have a host of other medical problems as well. I've never let them stop me from living some type of normal life. May knock me down, but not for long anyway. lol

I had to stop school in the second quarter of my junior year of high school as I missed too much school, not having enough credits, so I studied and received a GED.
I couldn't keep a job, but I did go through autobody tech school making it to 5 of 6 quarters. Was hired by a wonderful autobody shop that I became a real good painter and Hot Rod builder, I loved it, but I could not keep a regular schedule with owners of cars etc, so I was let go, and don't blame him as with all my boss's.

To be honest, I walked 6 miles one night to a Church ready to die after speaking with a paster, but the doors was locked. After this, my family said that's enough so I retired at age 25. My wife and family have always been here for me. When my wife and bought our home I did auto repair and custom bodywork in my garage but had the same problems with customers. I'd be ok for a few days, then in bed for a few or longer, then a neighbor up the street called me in for noise, so that was over.

I built a Pro-Street Camaro at 18 years old and sold it to help buy our house. I saved money and at 40, we bought a Cobra kit. That was the year 2001. I found the wonderful Club Cobra and all the information and great members helped me out a lot. Took me a long time to finish, but it was great building.

I bought a nice 428FE with 450 HP then a few years later the rocker shaft broke at #1 cylinder and bent a pushrod 90°, so we rebuilt it with 501 HP rwhp.

Within 6 years, my brother was killed, dad died by a stroke and mom had ovarion cancer. I'm a diabetic and after some dental work I got a infection so bad it's called septic blood. I stayed in the hospital for 6 days, back home,then was flown to the Mayo Clinic for almost a month, via Medical jet. I almost died twice. I had to sell my engine and tranny to help pay for the $126,000 bill. We still owe 17,000 after insurance and still fighting them. Before insurance, the bill was $380,000.

I have a few more medical problems as of late.

With my engine builder problem and everything else, I lost my spirit for life, but I'm starting to try and get it back. I got back onto CC a little bit ago after several years of inactivity.

Sorry for the vent, but I feel I'm getting picked on. I try real hard to be a good man, so I'm sorry for the way I am. I get very confused and my memory sucks, so I'm sorry that I repeate myself.

I wish that more people would do some "bench racing" like years ago. Like what I've done here, by looking at different used engine for sale on the internet, different combonations of parts, manufactures parts, dyno tests, engine builders etc.... I like all of that and it's fun !

Every time I get money saved up to build a engine (I can't have a kitty purr of a engine) something comes up with my health, that we have to pay for more medical bill's. I've had cash like 5 times in the last several years, but gotta use it for other means.

I had a heart attack last Nov,. with several bouts of heart spasims, so I'm still not healthy. I may need help when I do FINALLY get a motor. lol

There's much more, but I'm guessing you have heard enough already. lol....

Anyway, I haven't given up on getting a great engine again
I love driving it so much,... and it really helps my spirit !

Last edited by FUNFER2; 06-22-2017 at 07:56 PM..