Old 06-23-2017, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I left because of Brent, but now I'm back.

Seriously, if "you" (not Brent specifically) don't like the thread, then don't click on it and post on it. Holy cow. Is it that hard to look away or ignore it.

And what the heck is wrong with doing research on various engine families and asking a lot of questions? Sure, some of us know that an all-aluminum FE is the best and only choice for a 427 Cobra, notwithstanding some engine builders not being able to handle machining them not to leak, but there are others who just don't know which is best (all-aluminum FE's), so they ask questions.

When did we become so intolerant? You would think there's a political rally around here.

<Insert GIF of cartoon man dropping his pants and showing his bare butt>
I will say this.....if the aftermarket FE block manufacturers don't get their QC under control, I'm gonna skip building FE's altogether, aluminum or cast iron.

Barry just had a brand new block lose oil pressure while priming the oil pump on the dyno and found out that a main oil passage had been drilled through.....so it was just bleeding out internally.

I've had brand new blocks that needed sleeves.

I've had brand new blocks that needed lifter bore sleeves because of porosity.

There are some cast iron blocks floating around where the lifter bores are not finish-drilled all the way through, so there's a step at the bottom.

It's really beginning to not be worth it. When you have a back log of orders and you have to pull one off the dyno to fix something or you don't find something that should have been done until the block is finished and painted, it just pushes everything back.

Not to mention that I can make the same horsepower with a SBF with 50 less cubic inches....