View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieCobra View Post
Hi All,

I am a new Club Cobra and this is my first post (so be gentle!).

I am currently doing some pre-purchase research and would value everyone's opinion. I am planning on building a cobra, ideally with an aluminium body/shell. I have included a photo that would represent my dream build (if I can get the photo upload working).

I realise this is not a new topic but can I get an opinion on which engine you would all recommend (I guess this is like asking how long is a piece of string and I am sure there will be many differing opinions). I am trying to decide between something like a Ford engine such as a 427 FE or go for something different like an LSA.

If I am honest the car will mainly be used for short trips and the occasional Ferrari embarrassing red light drag. I highly doubt it will do any track work so weight isn't a huge issue (eg big block vs small block).

Thanks in advance for your advice/thoughts.

Regards

Hugh
Welcome Hugh!

I have an LSA in my composite-bodied Pace 427SC and I could not be happier. It has a 21% overdrive kit and is putting down 520hp at the rear tyres.

Sure, it gets back to the old Ford versus Chevy argument in a Cobra, but let me tell you there are very few people who I am aware of that have opposed the fitment of the LSA in my car. Most everyone is totally supportive of the move. They cannot believe how something so light (1060kg) has so much power.

LSA's are light, a bargain for the price and everyone and his dog can tune them. They also fit into the Pace without a requirement for the chassis to be modified (if you went with a Coyote 5.0 for example).

I am happy with my choice and don't regret it one bit.

Cheers,
Sime