View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome Hugh!

Please do tell us more about your choice in kit, and your plans.
Other than living vicariously through your search, it also might help me to understand how to best advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Hit the search button as this topic has been discussed many times over- You will find that a FE would never pass engineering for full registration in any state in Australia.
My apologies but, I'm not so sure?
Pretty sure that there are examples. Yes You'll need deep pockets, but it's been done, at least as recent as even just couple years ago from memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
If that's the case Fe is the way to go, but to be honest, because we're in Aus, it's a choice that will be expensive and there are very few Fe experts here.
While you're right about the expense, I would be so quick to dismiss our local experts. You may be surprised to learn we have access to one of the world's leading FE gurus here in Aus. Paul Munro no less. Interstate for you tassie boys I suppose, but not too far from Melbourne, and that doesn't include a fair few others too.

In any case, going for an lsa is a prudent choice if you're looking for imho good bang for buck and to take advantage of a more modern engine platform.

Else modern Ford platform works, or as mentioned period correct small block Ford with a 289 shaped body is also feasible, and can tick the originality box if that's important to you.

It all depends on what you want vs how deep your pockets are.

Looking forward to hearing how you go with it all.
Best of luck.