Thread: Shed build #777
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

What's a new weekend without a new machine on the site! The 4WD scissor lift made it very easy to move around the pad, even where it was slightly damp.

Every minute of daylight on the weekend was spent measuring lengths, levels and angles. Another lesson I've learnt is that I should have been at home to supervise the holes being drilled, and I should have drilled 600mm holes. The 450mm holes proved to be too tight for the 310mm columns when factoring in a bit of misalignment in the holes. Nothing that a bit of work with a crowbar couldn't resolve, but for the sake of a bit of extra money for additional concrete in the hole it would have saved some time and physical effort.

It was really satisfying to loosely bolt the frames and top hats together, and to see the way everything pulled into alignment as we tweaked and tapped things around. By "tweak", sometimes that meant to push a top hat a millimetre to the side and sometimes it meant swinging a sledgehammer to move a seemingly immovable object.

Coming up the hill, the shed is taking shape nicely with the frame squared up and all top hats in place, and it looks pretty imposing against the leafy backdrop:

...but if you continue along up the driveway and look back down to the shed, it doesn't stand out like dogs balls.