View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Plenty of good replies regarding engine choice. I agree with those who state that given the realities of your local regulations and market environment, go for the least painful and satisfying alternative - probably the LS series and maybe even with a supercharger option if you want to be a bit over the top.

I have a question though - if you are not a purist and an originality freak (which would mandate a Ford FE powerplant), why on earth would you want the expense, wait time and fragility of alumin(i)um bodywork? If it's for bragging rights, then that is instantly erased by a non-original (ie: Ford 427 FE) engine choice.

A cobra replica with an expensive and relatively problematic aluminum body and non original details like an "alternative" engine, dual roll bars, interior comfort features, etc., etc. is no more prestigious than a well executed, more durable and pain-free 'glass bodied car that looks and drives just as good with the same features.

Here's the conversation:

Joe Blow: "It's a kit car."

You: "It's got an aluminum body"

Joe: "But it's still a kit car, right?"

I'm not at all being critical in the negative sense - just sharing my genuine thoughts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 06-27-2017 at 06:49 PM..