View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Roll cage

The roll cage has been installed, it is not a full SCCA cage like Morris', as vintage does not require that. However, it is more substantial than vintage requires, for vintage racing side protection is an option. I may decide to supplement the cage in the future. The welder was having a difficult time finding places to weld the side protection to on the front hoop, as the door hinges are in the way. I believe that there is the opportunity to remove the leather strap between the hinges to offer another spot to which to weld. The strap could then be cut and then wrapped around the side support bar.

So here the cage is with the seat in place fresh on the trailer as I picked it up.

This is with the seat removed, in addition to the additional forward brace and side protection, we added a bar in the hoop just below the body for connecting the shoulder harness and a support brace for the seat to get bolted to. We decided on the shoulder harness bar below the body, as opposed to how you see sometimes above the body in the hoop, as above the body would place the shoulder harnesses too high and they would not be effective in a roll over. Shoulder harness straps need to be between 0-20 degrees below the shoulders.

Here are pictures with the seat removed.

Now it on to the engine and transmission install tomorrow.

Jim