View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 95 EFI 5.0
Not Ranked     

I remember when the guy was asking for someone to send up their car because he needed a frame (as all he had where the bodies /body molds) and he would return a completed cobra in return...

The offer was tempting and when I called to talk to him about it, I mentioned to him about using a escrow account where he would put some $$$ until I got the car back. He went on and on about this and that and how his wife was in the police force.... It smelt a little fishy to me. Then someone else offered their kit.

He later was asking for a radiator hoop as the mentioned kit didn't have one. Talking on the phone I offered to send him dimensions of the one I had... He started to going on how he had a quarter million operation held up because I needed a radiator hoop AND his welder/fabricator could not create one off of measurements and needed a physical one… A radiator hoop is pretty simple thing to rig up all things considered. That was a red flag for me…

Looking back I wished I threw the flag into the forum but by that time people had started coming about lack of response for this guy.