View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

So with limited time today I managed to get a little bit more done on the AWD cobra project. All the rolled sections are finished, the mid bulk head is in and ready for connection to the front tie ins and side intrusion plates to be fitted, the rear bulk head is in place and the secondary carry frame for the body is also in place, so now I just need to make the boot pieces and weld them in and the rear end is finished - easy..

The front tie in sections that carry the body through the length of the bonnet opening have highlighted a small concern, as I cut out the strut mount plate from the donor car and affixed it to the the struts to position them exactly where they would be in their original position - this has then highlighted that the spread between them is too close. The solution is to remove the strut carry plates and mount the top control arms onto the tie in bars and make new mount plates for the struts that move them out further in order to clear the body... That's my thoughts on it anyway

The other thing that this top strut mount plate has highlighted is that I will need to rotate the steering rack on it's axis to have the steering input shaft for the rack turned up at approx. 45 degrees to clear the engine cam cover. All still coming together pretty good though and the chassis is almost nearing completion in the pre-assembly stage..
Attached Images

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net