View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
Good luck with that mod on the FFR chassis Chris, from memory the chassis rails are only 22" apart from centre to centre so this would only give you 457mm between the tubes to drop the entire engine out - unless I am missing the point and you just wish to drop the trans out only? That might be plausible but I am not sure about the bell housing you are using on your set up - I know on my std chassis there is no way that could drop a trans out through the chassis rails as my chassis is 50mm narrower than the FFR chassis.

The drive redundancy was calculated on the basis of the 70/30 split through the drive train, therefore the rear wheels take up a majority of the load and the front wheels pull the nose straight on hard acceleration.. I just need to keep ploughing through now and get it finished while the consulting work is slow and I am able to be home for extended periods of time lol..
Thanks Will.. yes.. the intent was to change the clutch by dropping then then tilting the driveline enough to back the transmission off the bell housing.. then drop that before doing the swap..

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade