View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

I too have a windshield issue since last July that I keep putting off. I'm going to guess the OP has an aluminum windshield frame?

Brian in parts down in Florida initially told me that the manufacturer of their glass also made glass for other production cars... and those orders were always much larger... so BDR had to be patient & wait for the manufacturer to reach a point where they could retool and make the handful quantity of windshields that BDR required. Then... in another conversation... he told me BDR didn't currently have anyone to make the replacement glass for the aluminum frames.

What I can't help but wonder... BDR is out of stock for replacement glass for an aluminum frame... and has been for well over a year to my knowledge... yet... during that same time... they seem to continue to sell roadsters with aluminum windshield frames. Where does the glass for those new roadsters come from... and why can't they get glass for replacements?

Like Grey 65 mentioned... sadly... you HAVE been dealing with the "headquarters".