View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     
Default Replicated Historic Vehicles in Australia.

Registration for road use of Cobra, GT40, Daytona replica, kit car ICV or any other derivative in these categories has been a huge and costly burden to overcome in OZ generally.
The different states have their own rules and requirements which make the sale of these cars unattractive to interstate potential purchasers.
To resolve these problems, the Cobra Car Club of South Australia (inc in1993) has been lobbying the Dept of Transport to change the present arrangement and requirements for road use registration to a less restrictive scheme such as that enjoyed by the Street Rod and historic veh. sector.
The current state government had previously announced a policy of "reducing red tape" and on July 1st this did occur with historic vehicles being allowed modifications that enhanced safety and comfort etc.
Following a meeting with the Transport Minister of SA at a public event to celebrate the above changes the club was invited to meet with ministerial staff to discuss changes to the procedures currently in place.
Meeting with the ministers officers has resulted in a draft for the creating of a new category of vehicles and therefor the rules necessary to govern same.
The club, with the assistance of ministerial staff, needs to create the categories, build guidelines eligibility etc. etc in the same way that occurred with the Street Rod documentation.
It is planned to create a national agreement between the states and enjoy the option of full or club registration that would be recognised by all involved.
That was a great step forward and I publicly congratulate the minister and his staff for taking this visionary step.
To enable the above to start happening we need to establish a national structure and input and information streams from interested parties in other states.
That's enough for now. Have a think and let me know.