View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodeeny View Post
From Jay Brown's book (The Great FE Intake Comparo) it shows the "A" and "B" dimensions as 4.375" and 6.375" respectively for both the Ford Medium Riser and the Ford Sidewinder intakes. There is a gentleman in Mass. that has a Shelby Sidewinder installed on his scoopless ERA. Assuming the Shelby and Ford Sidewinders are the same than I would think the Ford Medium riser would fit. However, assuming the Shelby and Ford Sidewinders are the same may be a stretch. I sure hope they are as i intended to install a Ford Sidewinder on my ERA which is in production now and scheduled for completion later this year or early next year. Thanks for any experience or insights offered.

Based on this and other information/data I got in the past day is that the Side Winder and Police Interceptor intakes are the same height (carb pad). I suppose that would be approximately 5.375 inches. Both the Blue Thunder and Ford MR should be about .50" taller than this. I measured my Shelby 4V intake and the carb pad is about 5.60". Don't take all the numbers as gospel, but I think I've learned enough to know that it's possible to get most of these under the hood with proper drop bases and filter heights/lids.