View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My BDR had a Roush 427R installed and was actually a really nice driving car. Handled well and had PLENTY of power. Seats were comfortable and the room with the 92" wheel base was perfect for my 6-2 height. Bill is spot on that the BDR looks 100% like a 65 Cobra until it sits next to a more accurate body style then the differences are clearly apparent. I replaced the 18" wheels with 15" wheels and fake Billboards on my BDR which dramatically helped the look in my opinion....give it more of the old school look as BDRs are a more modern interpretation of the Cobra with the larger wheels really pushing that modern appearance.

The thing to watch about the BDRs is the options you may want aren't standard and can drive up the price to what maybe a better car will cost. Options like oil coolers, puller fans, and LSD rear ends are not standard and there are lots of BDRs out there that did not have these options. The other huge negative to me is the exhaust on the BDR. Lots of complaints on the sound and mine had a weird exhaust note....almost like a card in bicycle spokes which gave it a semi rattle sound. I was told if was the result of the design of the side pipe that allowed a lot of flow for performance but the sound drove me crazy.

Hopefully some food for thought.