Old 07-15-2017, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Timing of swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I'm curious, why didn't you do the swap at the end of last season to get it sorted out before this one? You're going to miss a whole year.
Engine went to the builder in early December 2016 I did not get it back here until May 2017. There were some timing issues getting it installed so first time out was early June. We found broken ring gear tabs on the fly wheel just before install so lost a week fixing that. Engine was supposed to be here in April but you know how that goes. Waiting for crank, rods and pistons and arguing over minimum rod journal size. They had as much trouble with the electronics as I have had, so tuning was late etc. etc. We are really under the gun now because we have not qualified for the shootout in Scottsdale, may have to win our way in (not good). The car has new shock pistons and new needle bearing rear A arms that need to be tuned for. You could say I took on more that I could handle and would be right. The engine seems good and sound mechanically other than numerous oil leaks and now should be good electrically too. They were complaining about noise levels so I will probably have to have new longer mufflers made, luckily a company in Fresno makes exotic car mufflers from scratch. On the bright side it revs like hell and has only 20 less horse power than the old engine.