View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #812 427/482 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Did you recently replace the gauge and sending unit or is this a problem that just cropped up? Possibly a dumb question, but if you did replace the gauge,did you pair up the electronic gauge with the correct sending unit? If so, then you might have a faulty sending unit.
When I wired mine, I ran the hot lead to a switched terminal on the fuse box, the ground wire to a grounded bolt, the lead wire to the sending unit and the last wire is connected to the dash lights.
The sending unit could also be sitting in/surrounded by an air bubble as mentioned. With the engine running, slowly loosen the sending unit a little until coolant runs out, then tighten it back up. That will ensure there is no air caught in the passage. If still no reading, call Nisonger and replace the sending unit.
Everything is new and supplied by ERA with the car. I checked to make sure the thread compound I used on the sending unit is conductive. I will try to burp the system as you suggest to be sure there is no air pocket. Thanks for the tip.