Old 07-17-2017, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by blykins View Post
No sir, think about it again.

What happens if you take a flat top piston with two valve reliefs and whack the top off? You get smaller valve reliefs. You may put the pistons a few thou further down in the hole theoretically, but decreasing the piston volume makes a nice difference.
Well yes, but you kinda left off some important information or we were in different gears. So yes if you bought a piston that was for the taller deck and milled the top off, to the height of the shorter deck, leaving less of a dish, then yes you would have a higher compression ratio than had you bought the shorter deck piston. Yep I see that.

However if we are talking a given piston and you milled the top off of it, that piston will have a lower compression than had you not milled the top and put it in as it came. That was where my head was at. Guess we were in different gears.

My wife does that to me all the time. Maybe it is me and I missed something (because I usually have her half tuned out), but I suspect she thinks I should be able to read her mind.