Thread: C7 Grand Sport
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

I've driven a few early vettes- (59, 62) and was never impressed with the comfort level of them and the performance. Brakes were pretty awful, too. However, they are beautiful cars and can be resto modded to make them the car they should have been originally.

Fortunately, Chevy has finally fixed that and made the Vette the car it always should have been with the C6 and C7 models. I've never heard anyone that owned either complain about the C6's and C7's for comfort, power, performance, etc... and I believe they are some of the better looking cars Chevy ever produced. IMHO

Glad it's not my decision, but if it were I would restomod the 62 to make it the driver it should be and enjoy it. Even with the restomod, it wouldn't lose value IMO. If you want to see what is involved, they did just that on I believe it was a 59 Vette on "Speed is the New Black" and it was a stunner and a completely different driving car. Should be able to find the reruns on line somewhere.

Just more options. BTW, I agree with the assessment of the C7 GS. I've seen several on the road and at cruise ins and they are stunning cars. Another option would be the ZL1 Camaro? Amazing performance for the money.

Bob