Thread: Shed build #777
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

The first half of the slab was poured this weekend. Things went reasonably smoothly after the first concrete truck finally arrived. The company called it a miscommunication; I call it a stuff-up but whatever the case it meant the pour didn't start until 9am. The day was beautiful but it was a cool winters day with no breeze and very little sunshine hitting the pad due it nestling amongst tall trees. All that combined with the late pour meant the final machine trowel didn't happen until 9:30pm. I wasn't expecting it to be a 12+ hour day, but after the concrete was poured, screeded and bull floated, the rest of the slab work was mainly a waiting game.

I'm so happy with the excavation work. Before this week, I wouldn't have imagined that I would have been able fit a concrete truck along the far end of the shed. Thankfully the driver was prepared to squeeze the truck up there which made the pour much easier for everyone on the shovels.

Speaking of which, what on earth would you do without family and mates? Mick (who has been driving this shed build from the start), Dad, my brother in law Jeff, Leroy17 and his mate all got stuck in to not only get the slab done but also to build a retaining wall, pour a water diversion drain and fix the driveway with the spare concrete. Bloody legends!

Around the corner.

No time for a break between deliveries.

Way too wet for the machine trowel, so we started boxing up the second half of the slab for next weekend.

Finishing the slab with the moonlight making a soft silhouette against the mountain, and with an LED light strapped to the machine...

...and then the headlights from the truck!

First half done. Second half boxed, wrapped and meshed, ready to go again next weekend. Bring it on!