View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Been fiddling with the hood while I the tuner does his thing.

Am conscious of time (elapsed) and wondering just how many Nats I will be able to miss at this rate.. ! Had a go at a NACA duct 6.5" x 2.5" for a cross sectional area which exceeds the 12 sq in of the 4" intake tube. To fit and finish this part its a lot less work than the plenum that would be required to run from the rear of the bonnet bulge to the intake.

A couple of the US guys have installed an intake duct in the fender, but by my calcs they wouldn't get the required air flow. While the NACA duct has the volume in theory I'll also check manifold pressure at speed when its going as a final validation. There is also the option to add a small hood at the rear of the NACA duct to capture more than the surface layer of air, although I wasnt keen on this because of the uneven disturbance it would also create. Second mod is to recess the area leading into the duct slightly to increase the flow.

Also made a couple of buckets with the 3D printer for the Pajero indicators (with thanks Ron F) to semi recess them, not dissimilar to the Superformance set up.

Will update when I have a car to fit the bonnet too..
Attached Images

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade

Last edited by SydneyChris; 07-23-2017 at 05:12 AM..