View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Why duct it out?
The hot air from the radiator gets ducted out over the bonnet so the only hot air is from the exhaust.
If your intake was in front or on top of your engine it should be ok.
You could open up the back of the bonnet bulge like an original to introduce cool air in the upper portion of the engine bay if you need.
I'd wait until you have been running it and see how big an issue you have before re engineering it.
hi Gav.. apologies.. I missed your reply.

Two reasons... firstly I have a significant and overwhelming personality defect, which means I have to stuff around with things... usually making it worse before its finally resolved or put back to the original configuration..

Second, its a known hot spot behind the radiator on these versions of the Coupe. The most common solution is to drill a few 1" holes in the rear face of the radiator duct to positively pressurize this portion on the engine bay. That said, its still warm air at best you'd be using for the induction, which will cost on both economy and performance.

Am going to run the car for a bit before painting.. will be simple enough to cut and patch the glass until I get something the aforementioned personality defect will eventually be satisfied with..

Hope you are going well.. will look forward to news on your build..

Cheers

Chris

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade

Last edited by SydneyChris; 07-23-2017 at 08:53 PM..