View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJ View Post
I know nothing about wiring and the issue appears to be in the motor given the above info. Is there any quick fix or suggestion? I ask this question with full awareness that it's very novice. Thanks!
The fact that you can "jiggle" the wire and get the fan to run means the problem is with that wire. It's either got a bad feed from the plug that is about two feet up to the driver's side or, more likely, there's a bad connection inside the motor. Considering you're a novice on wiring, I would continue using the jiggle test, starting at the plug that feeds the pusher fans, which is on the driver's side right where the upper radiator hose goes in to the radiator itself. Start wiggling wires, with a mirror positioned so you can see the pusher fan, to find the loose connection. If you determine the loose connection is in the motor itself, cut the wire, unbolt the fan, if it looks like it's really easy to unscrew the casing, then do so. If a loose connection jumps right out and smacks you in the face, then fix it, otherwise just ship it back to Bob P.