View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Today started with running the crankcase vent lines from the valve covers to the catch can, a relatively simple task. All racing groups pretty much require that any potential fluid that could end up on the track via a vent needs to be directed towards a 1 quart catch can.

I then moved onto installing the passenger seat. While I could run without a passenger seat, it was common during the time that these cars were raced to have a passenger seat. In addition, if you run without a passenger seat you have a 25lb weight penalty that you have to add to the car. It was a little easier than the drivers seat, in that I did not have as much roll cage to deal with and it is a smaller seat. I like the looks of the seat and thought about using it for the driver, but I need more protection and the vintage rules would have required me to infall a padded head support as there is none on the passenger seat.

It looked great, then it was time to install the transmission tunnel. Unfortunately, you have to remove the seats in order to install the tunnel ! So, out they came. One might say, well why did't you install the tunnel first? The reason is that with the race seats my mounting points and support were different than the stock mounting and I had to make sure that the seats fit. I could always adjust the tunnel (which it needed a lot of cutting) but was limited in how I could adjust the seat mounting.

After numerous progressive adjustments to the tunnel cover, it was finally in place and the shifter worked in all gears without binding.

That is enough for tonight. Tomorrow I will re-install the seats and install the oil cooler lines when the fittings arrive. We are almost there!

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 07-25-2017 at 04:18 PM..